Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Katie Weldon Series

Peculiar Treasures
Robin Jones Gunn
Katie Weldon Series

Peculiar Treasures picks up where the Christy Miller series leaves off. It starts with Christy’s and Todd’s wedding. Katie was Christy’s maid of honor; meets a guy that will go on to become a great friend. Katie wishes that she would actually be Rick Doyle’s girlfriend.
     Katie is getting ready to start her senior year of College, with surprises in store. I didn’t really plan on reading the book; I mostly picked up the book, because of the title, which comes from Exodus 19:9 in the KJV. Then I noticed that it was about a character from the Christy Miller series; my favorite character actually Katie Weldon. I loved the Christy Miller series when I was younger, and I always felt I related more to Katie than I did to Christy. It was neat to read a book about Katie and a little bit about their time in college.
Title: On a Whim
Author: Robin Jones Gunn
Series: Katie Weldon Book two

On a Whim continues Katie’s story during her senior year of college. She’s finally Rick’s girlfriend, but will it last. She loves her job as an RA; things are going great until a string of problems come Katie’s way. Her beloved car dies, a friendship starts to complicate things, and she’s wondering her she’s going to pay for her schooling. She ends up making major changes. Just like with Peculiar Treasures there are surprises in store for Katie that hopefully changes her life for the better.


Title: Coming Attractions
Author: Robin Jones Gunn
Series: Katie Weldon Series Book 3
     Katie’s senior year of college is drawing to a close. One chapter of her life is ending, and another is getting ready start. Kate wonders what God has in store for her life. She wonders if her dream of going to Africa is just that her dream of if it is what God wants her do or if it something she wants to do sense she has nowhere else to go when she graduates.

     By the end of her senior year Katie has broken up with her boyfriend, attended another friend’s wedding, and finally learns to follow her heart, and that God’s ways are not our ways.

     I really enjoyed reading this series I wish Robin Jones Gunn would continue Katie’s and Christy’s stories into adulthood.  There were a few quotes in this book and throughout the series that I really liked. I also liked that Bible verses were included in the books.

Quotes

“I like to call them God things”
Katie On a Whim

“You can run, but you can’t hide, Katie. Love is going to catch up with you, and when it goes, you are going down big time.”
Todd Coming Attractions

“Like I said I’d be honored to be your ‘woman of Honor’”
 Katie
“Good I like that: woman of honor instead of maid of honor” Julia
Coming Attractions  

“In Africa we have a saying. ‘If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Eli Coming Attractions
I would recommande this books to anyone who loved the Christy Miller series and a child and as a teen. I would give the series a 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment