Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review of Beaded Hope

Title: Beaded Hope
Author: Cathy Liggett
Series:   No
Chapters: 46 plus epilogue
Pages: 381
Genre: Christian chick lit/ real life fiction
Rating:  5 Stars 10/10
     Four America women with nothing in common build relationships with South African and each other.  Cassandra is looking for away to advance her career. Heidi a single mom is trying to figure out what to do with her teenage daughter. Katie is a pregnant teenage trying to figure life out. Gabby is looking for an escape, after suffering another miscarriage. These four women will find more than they bargained for in South Africa, and they will ever be the same.
Beaded Hope is an awesome read. Very emotional very seldom do I read a book that makes me cry; however with Beaded Hope I was crying off and on through the whole book. The book though fiction is written about an actual missions trip. The bead for hope is an actual project in which women in South Africa and other African countries learn to make beaded artwork and jewelry in order to support themselves and their families.
Beaded Hope is a wonderful read. I recommend that every one read this book; there is even a readers guide at the back of the book; if you wanted to read it for a book club.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Carissa! Your review popped up on my Google Alert this morning and what a nice surprise! I just wanted to say hello and that I'm glad you liked the book. I really appreciate you taking the time to read Beaded Hope and review it. And I love your website design. How pretty -- it makes a person smile! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete