Monday, June 25, 2012

In which I do a quick review of teen books I've read


Title: The Academie
Author: Susanne Dunlap
Series:   no
Chapters: 50 plus epilogue
Pages: 356
Genre: Teen Historical fiction
Rating: 4 ½  
     Main characters Eliza Monroe daughter of James Monroe
     Hortense daughter of Josephine Bonaparte
     Caroline Bonaparte Napoleon’s sister
     The Academie is a cute teen historical fiction story that for main stream teen fiction it really is a clean read I don’t remember any profanity in the book.





Title: Scarlet
Author: A.C. Gaughen
Series:   no
Chapters: 16
Pages: 292
Genre: Teen fiction retold myths
Rating: 3 stars I gave this rating because of the use of profanity PG-13 for profanity and violence
Main characters: Will Scarlet (Scarlet), Robin Hood, John Little (Little John), and Much
     Growing up I always loved the story of Robin Hood and his band of merry man. I was excited to see a story with a new twist to the legend. Will Scarlet was the youngest member of Robin’s band, but what if Will wasn’t a boy but a young woman Scarlet who was running from her past. I enjoyed the story up until the author used a cuss word that I couldn’t over look. To me I think the story would be even better if it hadn’t had all the language in it. 







Title: The Pregnancy Project
Author: Gaby Rodriquez
Series:  
Chapters: 13
Pages: 218
Genre: Memoir
Rating: 4 Stars
     Pretty good read and informative. Gaby was a girl how wanted to make a difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment