Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review of The Fairest Beauty



Title:  The Fairest Beauty

 Author:  Melanie Dickerson

Chapters:  29 plus Epilogue

Pages: 335

Genre:  Christian Teen Historical Fiction, retold fairy tales

Rating: 5 stars

          The Fairest Beauty is the sequel in many senses to The Healer’s Apprentice Gabehart or Gabe is Rose and Wihelm’s son. He decides against his parents’ wishes to go recue Duke Baldwin’s daughter Sophie who just happens to be his brother’s bride to be.
          The Fairest Beauty is a retelling of Snow White. That I enjoyed more the actual fairy tale I love that Melanie focuses on faith in God and Jesus as the ones who help to fight off evil. Not the magic that is in the fairy tales that her novels are based on.

2 comments:

  1. I think this cover is just gorgeous! Can't wait to read it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is awesome so far I've loved all of Melanie's fairy tale retellings. They are far better in my opinion than the original stories.

    ReplyDelete