Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Review of The Princess of the Silver Wood

Twelve Dancing Sisters meets Robin Hood meets Red Riding Hood.Title: Princess of the Silver Woods

Author: Jessica Day George

Series: The Princess of Westfalin Trilogy book 3
 
Chapters: 22

Pages: 322

Genre:  Fairy tale retellings

Rating: 4 stars
Slight spoilers

Princess of The Silver Woods is my favorite of the three books in this trilogy.  It focuses on the youngest daughter of the twelve dancing princess Petunia.  The tagline on the cover was Twelve dancing princess meets Red riding Hood. But to me it had a bit or Robin Hood in the story as well.

I read this book when I was a fairy tale retelling kick and I am glad I did. I enjoyed it.  It's was easy to see how each fairy tale played a part in the book. The Twelve dancing princess because Petunia is the youngest of twelve daughters. Red riding hood because of the clock she wears and Robin Hood because Oliver is the son of a Lord without a kingdom who robs from rich travelers on the road.


Princess of the Silver Woods is a must read retelling for anyone who likes  The Twelve Dancing Princesses, Red Riding Hood, and Robin Hood. As well as fairy tale retelling in general.  

No comments:

Post a Comment