Monday, April 16, 2018

Review of Biscuits and Slashed Browns


Biscuits and Slashed Browns (Country Store Mysteries #4)Title:  Biscuits and Slashed Browns

Author: Maddie Day

Series: Country Store Mysteries book 4
 
Chapters: 39

Pages: 292

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Biscuits and slashed Browns is the fourth book in the Country Store Mysteries by Maddie Day.  Robbie runs her restaurant and  country store Pans 'N Pancakes,  in small town in Indiana in the heart of Brown County not far from Blooming-ton and the IU Campus. By this book she has proven to be quite good at solving mysteries especially murders, even better than the small town police. However it tends to get her into scraps.  
I enjoyed Biscuits and Slashed Browns more than I did the first three in the series. I think that is because we have gotten to know Robbie and the rest of the characters.  What I love about Maddie's writing is that the characters seem so real. Unlike other mysteries  in which I figure out who did it fairly quickly I am not able to do that with Maddie's mystery. She keeps me guessing till right up to the end.   I am looking forward to the next one in the series. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment