Monday, May 24, 2021

The Last Bookshop London by Madeline Martin review

Title:  The Last Bookshop in London 

Author: Madeline Martin

Chapters: 21 plus Epilogue

 Pages: 320

Genre: Historical fiction

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher:  Hanover Square Press

 

I'm not going to lie I hadn't planned on reading The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin when I did. My original plan was to wait because I wanted to take a break from WWII fiction and read something lighter. But readers and authors opinions I toss were raving about this book, so I went ahead   and read it, and I'm glad I did. Even though this book is set during WWII its focus is on the Home front of London and the blitz. Which isn't a WWII fiction I've read before, so it was a change of pace. 

 

 Grace Bennett takes a job that she thinks is only going to be temporary at a bookshop. But the bookshop ends up changing not only her life but the lives of everyone around her.  This book had me laughing, and crying and celebrating with Grace. Not to mention this book gave me one of my favorite type of hero a slightly nerdy hero who brings books to a date instead of flowers. I don't know about Grace but that would be a way to my heart. 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment