Monday, September 23, 2013

Review of City of Bones (book)

Title: City of Bones
Amazon.com: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments) eBook: Cassandra Clare: Kindle Store 
Author: Cassandra Clare

Series: The Mortal Instruments book 1  

Chapters: 23 plus epilogue

Pages: 485

Genre: Teen Fantasy

Rating: 4 stars
    
     Clary had always thought that she was a normal teenage girl. That her mom was just an artist and her dad was dead. However all that changes when she thinks she witnesses a murder that no one else can see.
     To make matters worse her mother goes missing and she meets Jace a shadow hunter, and she might be one as well. So begins City of Bones the first book in the Mortal Instruments series.


     When my sister basically made read City of Bones I didn't think that I would like it. This was because it was a type of book that I normally don’t read. Once I started it I felt myself drawn to the characters especially Clary who is described as being short with red hair, green eyes a short temper. I will admit that I broke one of my own rules: I saw the movie before I read the book. I have broken that rule only once before with The Lord of Ring trilogy. However now I wish I had read the book before I went to see the movie. Both however were relatively good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment