Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Letters to the Lost

Cover Love | Edition the FirstTitle: Letters to the Lost

Author: Brigid Kemmerer

Series: Letters to the Lost
 
Pages: 400

Genre: teen/ teen real life issues

Rating: 5 stars

     In Letters to the Lost Juliet Young is dealing with the loss of her mother by still writing letters. Only these letters don't get mailed. They get left at her mother's grave.  Declan Murphy works at the graveyard as part of his community service for a car accident. When he discovers the letters that Juliet wrote.  The two soon been writing back and forth to each first through letter at the graveyard then through emails. And Declan discovers that Juliet was writing letters to her mother because she didn't know any way to cope with losing her mother.  Juliet is a shell of her former self. She's given up photography as well as her photography class at school and any activities involving photography.  It was something that she shared with her mother.
     Letters to the Lost was the perfect book to read at the time I read it. I finished reading May 6, 2017 just before the year passing of my mom. Like Juliet I didn't know how to get over losing my mom and also didn't really know how to cope either. And after reading Letters to the Lost I realized my mom wouldn't have wanted me to stop doing the things I loved just because she was gone. I also discovered that writing letters to my mom that I kept in a journal it helps.
     Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer dealt with grief in a way that perfect and heartfelt. Though it was geared towards teens I feel that anyone can get something out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment