Monday, August 20, 2018

Review of Fawkes


FawkesTitle: Fawkes

Author: Nadine Brandes

Ch: 49

Pgs: 448

Genre: Historical fantasy

Rating: 3 Stars

I discovered one thing while reading Fawkes that historical fantasy isn’t a genre that I really don’t like. Give me either fantasy or historical fiction. That being said Fawkes was an interesting read. It was a novel about the Guy Powder plot to kill King James of England, but with a fantasy twist. The novel was well written and Nadine Brandes does an awesome job of weaving history, fact, myth with fantasy to give u a unique story.  

Even though I didn’t love it I would still recommend it to anyone who don’t mind historical fiction mixed with fantasy.  Thomas and Emma were characters that despite their faults were easy to like. They both had a lot to overcome and growing to do and by the end of the of the book you can she the growth. They are different at the end of the book than they were are the beginning. 

Just because I did not like this book doesn't mean I am not looking forward to Nadine's next book. Just because someone doesn't like one book by an author that you’re going to dislike all books by that author. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment