Thursday, June 13, 2019

The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery book review


The Blue CastleTitle:  The Blue Castle

Author: L.M. Montgomery

Chapters: 45
Pages: 218

Genre: Classics

Rating: 5 stars

I can't believe I waited so long to read The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery.  It was my mom's favorite L.M. Montgomery book and she was the one that got me started reading the Anne books.  So it was kind of bitter sweet reading it now that she's gone.  But after reading it I realized that I read the book at the right time for me. Had I read it earlier I wouldn't have been able to appreciate what Valancy went through and what it took for her to grow.  Being just a few years older than Valancy is in the book and like her being consider and "old maid" by members of my extended family I could relate to how her family and so of the town treated her.  Had I read this book as a teenager I wouldn't have had the same respect and view of Valancy as I do as an adult. 
Like Valancy did, sometimes it takes shocking news for you to realize that it's your life. You've got to live it for yourself and stopped hiding your dreams because you’re afraid of what everyone might think.  Anne Shirley is a heroine for young girls, but Valancy Stirling is a heroine for women.   

1 comment:

  1. Love your review, Carissa! This is a wonderful book, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it at just the right time. ♥

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete