Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Darling Girl by Liz Michalski reivew


Title: Darling Girl

Author:  Liz Michalski

Ch: 44

Pg:  341

Genre:  Contemporary Magical Realism retelling

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher:

 

I have to say Darling Girl by Liz Michalski is my favorite Peter Pan retelling and or sequel. Unlike most kids who grew up in the nineties my introduction to Peter Pan wasn’t the Disney movie but the book by J.M. Barrie and I have to say it has shaped how I viewed the story. And I how I felt about the characters even from an earlier age.

I have to say Darling Girl take on the story is in many ways I how I would have written a sequel. As I’ve viewed the villain of the story the same as the villain is in this book. And it’s not who you think it is. And in Darling Girl a character I’ve always loved gets a chance to be a hero. Or the hero inspired by my favorite character at least.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment