Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review of Plots and Pans

Plots and Pans by Kelly Eileen HakeTitle: Plots and Pans

Author: Kelly Eileen Hake

Series: no
 
Chapters: 40

Pages:313

Genre: Christian Historical Romance

Rating: 4.5 stars

     Going into this book I didn’t know what to expect. I normally don’t pick a book just based on the title. However with this book I did, the title Plots pans just stood out to me. To me the title just said to me that one of the characters was going to make a plot and plans that were going to involve pans. I was sort of right the majority of this book takes place on a cattle drive.  Tucker Carmichael doesn’t know to do with his best friend and co rancher owner’s younger sister Jessalyn Culpepper or Jess for short. She’s a bit of a tomboy and has been known for getting herself into scraps all her life.

I ended up enjoying this novel, which I often do when the heroine happens to be a bit of a tomboy I guess it is because I was one growing up as well.  The first few chapters are a bit slow but as it goes along it picks up fairly quickly. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes westerns, Romance and Christian historical fiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment