Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Review of Once Upon a Eliza

Once Upon Eliza (The Carrington Springs #2)Title: Once Upon a Eliza

Author: Erynn Mangum

Series: Carrington Springs book 2
 
Chapters: 20

Pages: 322

Genre: Christian Chick lit new adult

Rating:  5 stars

     Once Upon an Eliza is the second book in the Carrington Springs series by Erynn Mangum. Even though it's not a true sequel you do need to read Katie in Waiting first. As most of the character's are introduced in the first book.  Eliza is a maternity nurse who moved to Carrington Springs to get away from her brother Mike and his friend Cooper.  Since losing both of their parents Mike has become overprotective of his little sister.  Eliza sees Cooper her brother's best friend as a slight pest. he's a firefighter when not working is always trying to find things to fix at Eliza's house. 

     I liked Eliza better than I did Katie. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I could relate to Eliza; and what she had gone through in life. I too lost two loved ones one suddenly the other slowly just like Eliza did.  Unlike Eliza though I don't know the loss of both parents, but do know the sting of the loss of a mom.  It's a sting that doesn't begin to ease quickly. 

     I've been a fan of Erynn's books since I accidentally discovered Miss Match in the Lauren Holbrook series in the teen selection of my library. Miss Match wasn't teen it was basically Christian Chick lit. A chick flick you can read. I had tried to read chick lit before but had always been disappointed by the content. But Erynn's books our different the chick lit is infused with Christian faith and message of and lesson of learning to trust God and his promises and to rely on him.  Each of Erynn's books are no different and Once upon an Eliza continued that trend. I discovered her books in my early twenties the same age as most of the characters in that first series, and now at 30 her three heroines in the Carrington Springs series are also in their 30s. Erynn's books always find a way to be relevant for whatever age or stage in life I am. 

     I enjoyed book two and I can't wait to see what book three holds. There's a seen towards the end between Eliza and the hero that starts her realizing that what she wanted was actually right in front of her all along. Which I thought   was cute. You never know where loves going to find you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment