Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Review of Called to Protect


Called to Protect (Blue Justice #2)Title:  Called to Protect

Author: Lynette Eason

Series: Blue Justice book 2
 
Chapters: 29

Pages: 320

Genre: Christian Romantic Suspense

Rating: 4.5 stars

Called to Protect is the second Blue Justice book by Lynette Eason that follows  law Enforcement family the St. Johns in South Carolina.  This one focuses  on  Chloe and her K-9 Partner Hank a German Shepard. After a break up Chloe has sworn off man and dating, considering Hank to be the only male she likes.  She wants to focus on her job, but then Hank's nose lands them in the middle of a human trafficking case. 
US Marshall Blake MacCallum who just happens to be Chloe's childhood crush daughter is kidnapped to use as leverage against Blake to get him to kill a judge.  He's racing against the clock and Chloe and Hank have been added to the task force to bring down the traffickers. Blake and Chloe must work together to rescue his daughter , save the judge and stop the traffickers.  Neither can afford to admit their feelings for the other.  Not with so much at stake.  
Called to Protect moves just as fast as the first book in the series Oath of Honor Isabelle St. John’s story.   The human trafficking part of the story is new to be in romantic suspense  I don't think I've ever read in a novel. But it's not something that is new to me,  the plot of the novel is almost something that could have been ripped from today's headlines.  It is a parents real fear in today's society.  It was even the topic that I wrote my senior thesis  on for my criminal justice degree.   So I am glad that Lynette didn't shy away from such a tough and heart breaking topic, but it something that needs to be talked about.  Lynette handled the topic with grace and balance. She included what she needed to but didn't go overboard. I would still recommend this  adults. But I do think teenagers especially teen girls need to read this with their parents.  
This series continues to give me  Blue Bloods  feel in book form.  I recommend even though each book focuses on a different St. John to read them in order.  If you read this one first you may be spoiled for things that happened in the first book.   I look forward to book three Code of Valor, which is Detective Brady St. John  story. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment