Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Review of Code of Valor


Code of Valor (Blue Justice #3)Title:  Code of Valor

Author: Lynette Eason

Series: Blue Justice book 3
 
Chapters: 29

Pages: 336

Genre: Christian Romantic Suspense

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Code of Valor is the third book in the Blue Justice series, set in South Carolina that follows a family of cops by Lynette Eason. It takes place over a total of 18 days. This book focuses on Brady St John I believe the oldest St John son I could be wrong. He's a detective and a member of the dive team.  Brady's supposed to be on vacation at a family friend’s lake cabin when he literally pulls a case out of the water, when he saves a woman from drowning.  Emily Chastain who just happens to be a Financial crimes investigator whose life just happens to be in danger.  In the process of keeping her safe and trying to figure out what's wrong he ends up dragging his two brothers into Derek a Narcotics officer and member of the swat team a sniper, and Linc an FBI agent.  Along the way do to a trip to the hospital he drags his sister Ruthie a doctor into. Isabelle the baby of the family and Derek's twin gets drugged into as a detective that gets called to a shooting.  Even though she's now married Brady is still calling her St. John.  We see the other sister Chloe briefly with her dog hank. 

Even though there wasn't as much St. John family time outside of the job and case in this one as the other two. It still gave me the Blue Bloods feel of a close knit law enforcement family. I guess that because I come from my own blue family even though I didn't go into law enforcement myself.  I enjoyed this one and read it fairly quickly finishing it in about 12 hours. Over the course of two days.  I look forward to Ruthie's story in a novella called Code of Ethics.  and Linc's story in Vow of Justice the last book in the series though I am kind of sad that Derek won't get his own book.  Lynette Eason is one of my go to for Christian Romantic Suspense or Christian Suspense in general. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment