Monday, January 17, 2022

The Proposal by Jess Mastorakos review

 Title:  The Proposal

Author:  Jess Mastorakos

Ch: 26 plus epilogue

Series: The Brides of Beaufort

Genre:  Contemporary Rom Com

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Indie

I’ve loved almost everything I’ve read by Jess and The Proposal is no different. I’m normally not a fan of friends to more. But with Shelby and Paul it worked. I think do in part of the being friends’ years and basically going through hell and back together. Paul’s a Marine a favorite hero of mine on and off the page. As an east coast Marine family, I enjoyed the South Carolina setting of this one.

And while I loved Shelby and Paul as well as their romance. The characters I related to the most was Jaycee. I remembered being the same age as her getting the JRA diagnosis but unlike her it was a dance team dreams on the fence it was playing soccer throughout the pain and good days and bad days. But what hurt the most saying goodbye to the lifelong dream I had sense I was a kid of following in my dad’s footsteps of serving in the Marines. Like Jaycee and Shelby, I learned that while one dream had changed life was still worth living. That’s what I love about Jess’s books there’s always something for everyone.

 

I received a copy   from the author. I was not required to provide a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment