Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn Review


 Title: The Diamond Eye

Author:  Kate Quinn

Ch: 35 Plus epilogue

Pg:  430

Genre:  Historical Fiction

Rating: 5 stars 

Publisher: William Morrow

 

What would you say if I said one of the most decorated snipers of WWII was a librarian? What if I said it was also a woman? The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn is the fictional story of Russian Sniper Mika Pavlichenko who only joined the Russian army and become a sniper during WWII so her son could have a life without war. She lived the quote, “if war must be let it be in my lifetime so my children can have peace.”

Even though this is fiction I still felt like I got Mika’s story. As you can see the research that Kate did in writing this. But that makes the story better. With this one being a war novel there are so rough scenes as well as language and surprisingly a few steamy scenes as well.

The Diamond Eye has a strong heroine found family which I love and a romantic thread. It’s pretty much got everything in it.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment