Saturday, December 22, 2018

Review of Death and Daisies


Maureen's Musings: Death and Daisies (A Magic Garden Mystery #2) by A...Title: Death and Daisies

Author: Amanda Flower

Series: A Magic Garden Mystery book 2
 
Chapters: 37 plus epilogue

Pages: 307

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Death and Daisies is the second A Magic Garden Mystery by Amanda Flower. Fiona Knox is settling to live in Duncreigan Scotland preparing to open her Flower Shop The Climbing Rose when her sister   Isla shows up on her doorstep.   To make matters worse the body of the parish minster is found washed up on the beach. It's no secret that he didn't like Fiona.  Fiona is bound and determined to prove no only that she didn't kill the minster but find his killer, but to make her flower shop a success. And to find out what's going on with her younger sister. It's not going to be easy.
I enjoyed this book more than the first, probably because as the second book it flows faster because the setting and the characters are already established.  Fiona is an easy character to relate to.  I can relate to the whole being 9 to 10 years older than your younger sister who's just finished college, because I'm 9 years older than my sister who just finished college this year and she like Isla doesn't really know what she wants to do with life.  The village and the villagers are how I picture a small village in Scotland being like. But I have to say that I didn't see that twist at the end coming.  
This book is great for cozy mystery fans as well as fans of book series set in Scotland.  I look forward to the next book in this series as well as more books by this author. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment