Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Reading Wrap Up


     This I read a total of 179 books across 52,759 pages. Listened to 7:44 hours of audio. And DNF’d 10 books which is something I am finally starting to not feel guilty about.  I read 78 print books, 90 digital books, 13 audio. 169 of the books I read were fiction, 12 were non-fiction. 151 were adult, 5 were kids/middle grade, and 26 were young adult.

     11 Books I read were by male authors while 171 were by female authors.  I read 62 Back listed books and read 117 books published this year.  Of the books I read 36 were from my own TBR, 31 were books purchased in 2020. Though I purchased more than that this year. 54 books were from the library. 57 were review copies and 5 were books I borrowed from friends and places other than the library.

     Of the books I bought 14 were from amazon. Mostly kindle books and mostly under 5 dollars. 13 books were bought from Barnes and Noble (at least a brick and mortar store). But only 4 books were bought from Indie stores. My goal is to do better in 2021.

     Of the books I read this year my most popular genre was   Mystery/crime with 63 books. Followed by historical with 39, romance with 38. Fantasy with 14 which actually shocked me as that’s a genre that I tend to not read.  General fiction was 9. Which is mostly books I didn’t know how to classify.  I read 5 classics and 6 comics.

     For nonfiction I read 4 general nonfiction, 8 memoir/biography, and 2 books classified travel and food.

I gave 3 1 Stars

     7 2 Stars

     49 3 Stars

     8 3.5 stars

     76 4 stars

     4  4.5 Stars

     30 5 Stars

     My favorite book of the year was The Land Beneath us By Sarah Sundin, followed as a close second An Uncommon Woman by Laura Frantz.

     I’m finishing the year with 47 unread books and 48 Unfinished series.

No comments:

Post a Comment