Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Great Gatsby review


Title:  The Great Gatsby

Author:  F. Scott Fitzgerald

Ch: 9

Pg:  208

Series:

Genre:  Classic

Rating: 4 stars


Publisher: Penguin 

 

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald was one of my favorite classics in high school. And with this reread that hasn’t changed. This short novel only 9 chapters wasn’t popular during Fitzgerald’s lifetime, and would have slipped away if it hadn’t been for WWII and the troops loving the book.

My thoughts about the characters haven’t changed I still feel the same about the characters as I did in high school. The villain of the story isn’t obvious to first time readers but on a second read and maybe as an older reader this time I can tell easily who the villain is.

If you go into this book thinking it’s a romance does both the book and the reader a disservice.

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment