Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Beauty Among Ruins by J’nell Ciesilski review

Title:  Beauty Among Ruins

Author:  J’nell Ciesilski

Narrator: Kate Rudd

Ch: 27

Genre:  Historical Fiction

 Rating: 4.5 Stars

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

 

Beauty Among Ruins is my first book by J’nell Ciesilski but it won’t be my last. I listened to the audio book and it just added to the hero’s Scottish accent I loved it. Lily the heroine who even though she’s a socialite she strong willed determined and stubborn but I loved her. Both these characters have a lot to learn about themselves, each other and God.

Though Beauty among Ruins isn’t Christian fiction it is a clean read that has a beauty and the beast thread through it. Though set during WWI it’s behind the scenes so to speak because it focus on nurses, wounded soldiers and the great homes that become hospitals.

Alex was one of my favorite hero types, the scared and wounded stubborn who hides a heart of gold. I didn’t want the book to end but I kept listening because I wanted to know what happened.

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment