Monday, February 8, 2021

Pudge and Prejudice review


Title:  Pudge and Prejudice

Author:  A.K. Pittman

Ch: 29

Pg:  352

Genre:  YA Contemporary, retelling

Rating: 4.5 stars

Publisher: Wander

 

Pudge and Prejudice by A.K. Contained two things I love. Pride and Prejudice and the 80s. I love cheesy 80s movies. And reading this book was like watching an 80s movie in a good way.

Set in a Texas small where high school football is king. And everyone in the town is pretty much cheering for the home team from the stands every home game. It was interesting seeing Mr. Darcy as a high school football star named Billy Fitz.

To me this was the most unique retelling of Pride abs Prejudice that I’ve ever read and I do think it’s my favorite. As an 80s nerd who miss most of the 80s and slept through the last two years at least according to my mom and who can binge watch John Hughes movies I knew I had to read this one as soon as I could. And that i would love it. And I was not disappointed. And quite frankly I think it would make and awesome movie, and it’s also got this Jane Austen nerd wants the rest of her books retold in an 80s setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment