Monday, August 9, 2021

Draw and Order by Cheryl Hollon review

 Title:  Draw and Order

Author:  Cheryl Hollon

Ch: 43

Pg:  336

 Series: A Paint and Shine book 2

Genre:  Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Kensington

 

Draw and Order is the second book in the Paint and Shine series by Cheryl Hollon.  In this one Miranda Trent is still doing her painting tours while trying to get her moonshine distillery up and running. But it ends up being one thing after another trying to stop her. I enjoyed this one more than I did the first one, and I think it's because it was able to focus more on the mystery aspect and Miranda's business because so much of the character development took place in the first book.  

I love cozy mysteries, and I especially love the ones set in my home state of Kentucky and write the characters and state in a truthful light. And Cheryl did that.  Miranda is a character that reminds me of myself in many ways especially the childhoods   of running barefoot around the family farm. I spent a many childhood summer days doing just that.  What stood out to me was seeing my great aunt's name as a character in the book, Miranda's aunt Ora Cable does indeed have a name that fits in Kentucky farming country.  This is the first time I've seen that name in a book.  It's tidbits like that that make the Kentucky setting and people come alive.  I look forward to the next book in the series.



I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment