Monday, August 29, 2022

Mr. Perfect on Paper by Jean Meltzer review

Title:  Mr. Perfect on Paper

Author:  Jean Meltzer

Ch: 42 plus Epilogue

Pg:  399

Genre:  Rom Com Contemporary romance

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher: Mira

 

Another good book by Jean Meltzer. Mr. Perfect on Paper is more than just a rom com. Darla has a list of the perfect Jewish husband what she didn’t count on was her bubba or grandma sharing on a daytime tv show. Now Chris the anchor has an idea to feature her dates on his show. What follows is is a rom com romp through the high Jewish Holidays.

While the heroine and the author are Jewish t by e reader doesn’t have to be to relate to the characters or at least I didn’t have to be. Because Jean writes heroines and hero’s that everyone can relate to. I especially love that she writes heroines who have either a chorionic illness or condition as I suffer from a chronic condition. And as a reader I didn’t really see that in rom coms till I picked up Jeans books.

 

I also loved Darla’s relationship with her grandma because I also have a close relationship with my grandma especially since losing my mom. Mr. Perfect on Paper also deals with grief and loss perfectly. Slight spoiler alert especially the loss of a parent at different ages and how the grief never really leaves. But you learn how to make it a part of you and still live your life.

Jean weaves all this together to create an awesome story and I look forward to her next one.

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment