Thursday, August 25, 2022

The Contract by Jess Mastorakos review

Title:  The Contract

Author:  Jess Mastorakos

Ch: 25 plus epilogue

Pg:  231

Series: The Brides of Beaufort 5

Genre:  Contemporary romance

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher: self

 

The Contract by Jess Mastorakos is My big Fat Greek wedding but with Marines with one of my favorite troupes and I loved it. Zoe and Chase are both Marines and friends with very different families. Chase is a surfer from Hawaii turned Marine with a slightly dysfunctional family. But Zoe comes from a large Greek family who wants her to have a traditional Greek life. Both their family’s issues lead to them listing to advice from a friend they end up in a marriage of convenience.

Marriage of convenience is one my favorite troupes, but it tends to only work in historical fiction. But Jess proves if done right it works in contemporary romance as well. I loved meeting Zoe’s family but importantly I loved following Zoe and Chase from friendship to what might be. And I loved that I got a Greek family like one of my favorite movies but with a Marine my all-time favorite hero both in books and real life.

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the author I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment