Tuesday, August 1, 2023

The Starlet Spy by Rachel Scott McDaniel review




 Title: The Starlet Spy


Author: Rachel Scott McDaniel


Ch: 33


Pg: 259


Series: Heroines of WWII 11


Genre: Christian historical fiction Christian Historical Romance


Rating: 5 stars


Publisher: Barbour

 

It was the whole female spy heroine that got me to pick up The Starlet Spy. I’m a sucker for WWII books and books with spies. Not to mention that I’ve loved all of Rachel’s previous books. And though this one is a departure from her usual 1920s dual time novels. I enjoyed this one from start to finish. And the fact that this was the first WWII novel that I read set in Sweden kept me turning pages.

I enjoyed meeting all the characters, especially Amelie and Finn. Throughout The Starlet Spy it felt like I was traveling through Sweden with Amelie and loved what she got from seeing the Northern lights which happens to be on my travel bucket list. To some readers the faith content might seem subtle, but I saw it all through the story it wove through every aspect of Amelie’s life.

And of course, I’ve not got to try Salmiak as a fan of black licorice yes I know I’m weird. Amelie Blake has become my second favorite Rachel heroine Devyn Asbury from Undercurrent of Secrets will always be my favorite as a fellow Louisville girl.

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the author I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment