Thursday, August 10, 2023

To Free the Stars by J'nell Ciesielski review

 


Title: To Free the Stars


Author: J’nell Ciesielski


Ch: 33 plus epilogue


Pg: 400


Series: Jack and Ivy book 2


Genre: Historical Fiction


Rating: 5 stars


Publisher: Thomas Nelson

I loved To Free The Stars as much as I did The Brilliance of Stars. I do have to say though J’nell did not make Jack and Ivy’s journey easy. But they do say the course of true love never was smooth. This one picks up ten years after the first book. And let’s say Ivy’s had a hard ten years. But despite what others have told her she’s held on to hope. Jack on the other hand has given up.

To Free The Stars is indeed more suspenseful and stressful than the first one. And you feel the emotions that both Ivy and Jack feel. Despite being a spy Ivy does wear her heart on her sleeve. I finished this one in two days. One of which had me saying up late to finish because I had to know what happened.

And there ended up being a character that I should have hated. But despite what they did I couldn’t hate them. Because of what they went through.

This is a two book series that you really need to read in order. I do suggest caution to readers because there is mentions of trauma and mind control. As well PTSD on the page even though for the time period that wasn’t the term at the time.

Though it all J’nell Ciesielski still manages to give us a romance that won’t die. And I still got to say she gave me what the MCU wouldn’t do she gave me a Winter Soldier Black Widow love story.

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment