Thursday, December 28, 2023

Forever Lovely by Linore Rose Burkard review

 


While Forever Lovely is technically the second book in a series it reads like a standalone. Or at least I didn't feel like I was missing anything from the first book. I'm a sucker for time-travel novels even though I'm not a huge Outlander fan. What sets this book apart from other time traveler novels is the fact that the heroine travels to future from Jane Austen's England.  And meets our hero a 21st Century student who low and behold is studying female writers from the time period she's form.  And since I love a good nerdy hero he was perfect for me.

 

As a reader I've found it hard to find regency set novels written by modern authors that I enjoy or feel like they are written well. I guess my program is that I keep comparing modern authors to Austen. But Forever Lovely by Linore Rose Burkard comes pretty close. And I look forward to reading the first book in this series, as well as other books by this author. 

 



I received a copy of this book from the author I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment