Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Review of Peter Pan

Peter Pan (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) #books #peter_panTitle: Peter Pan

Author: J.M. Barrie

Chapters: 17

Pages: 147

Genre: Children’s classics

Rating: 4.5 stars

     Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie was my favorite story as a child. I watched  the Disney cartoon so much as a child that the VHS tape finally got ate by the VCR. My mom was thrilled when that happened she hated that cartoon. Mainly because I watched it so much.
     When I read this classic I noticed that when my mom had read it to me as a child she cut parts out as well as skipped a whole chapter. However this reread still reminded me of my childhood and why I loved this story. Though it wasn’t the same as most people, I mean who doesn’t like the story of the book that never grew up. But for me that wasn’t it even as a child I found Peter Pan a little creepy reading the book again conformed that, (as well as season three of Once Upon a Time).
However it was my favorite story not for the boy who didn’t grow up, but for the pirates in the story.  With the pirate captain, the villain that you feel sorry for Captain Hook.  Captain Hook was my favorite character from that story.  To this day Hook remains my favorite Disney villain and second favorite Disney male, only behind the beast from Beauty and the Beast.

Reading Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie was a nice trip back to my childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment