Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Review of Flowers and Foul


Flowers and Foul Play: A Magic Garden MysteryTitle: Flowers and Foul Play: A Magic Garden Mystery 
Author: Amanda Flower 
Ch: 40 plus Epilogue 
Pg: 320
Florist Fiona Knox
Chief Inspector Neil Craig 
Hamish 

After her fiancé leaves her on the eve of her wedding and she receives news that her godfather has died Florist Fiona Knox leaves Nashville for Scotland and her inheritance. She wasn't planning on finding a dead body in the flower garden once she arrived.  Now she has to figure out who done it before herself or the elderly caretaker Hamish is locked up for murder. 

I've read other books by Amanda Flower and enjoyed most of them.  Flowers and Foul Play is an all new series set in Scotland.  Complete with a magical flower garden and a small village in Scotland.  For a first book in a series the book moved along at a pretty good pace not to slow or fast.  With Amanda's other mysteries I've read I wasn't able to guess of the suspect was and that was nice. I like mysteries that keep me guessing right up until the end.  I am looking forward to the next book in in the series. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment