Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Review of Thief of Corinth


Title: Thief of Corinth 

Author: Tessa Afshar 

Chapters: 33

Pages: 400

Genre: Christian Fiction/ Biblical Fiction

Rating: 5 stars

     Thief of Corinth is the newest book by Tessa Asfhar. The Second book set in Corinth with the missionary Paul as an important character though not the main character. This time the heroine is fictional rather than a Biblical person. This story features not one but two honorable thieves. It gives it a bit of a Robin Hood feel. Ariadne flees Athens, but she’s not running away in her mind she’s running home to Corinth and her father Galenos. Once back she discovers her father’s secret the secret that tore her and her brothers away from their father. He’s a thief but an honorable one. Ariadne is left with three choices turn her father in or join him, or lie to protect them both. When they both are almost at the end of their ropes they meet a man named Paul, who will introduce them to Someone far greater.

I have to say that Thief of Corinth is one of my favorite books by Tessa Asfhar.  Her books just keep getting better and better. She is my go to author for Biblical fiction. Ariadne is my favorite heroine since Ariadne is truly fictional Tessa had more creative licenses with her story she didn’t have to stick with what was already written about her.  To me Ariadne is the most relatable of Tessa’s heroines.  

One of my favorite quotes from the book can form chapter 3, “In the shelter of my father’s love, tears came freely.” While this scene is dealing with an earthly father, it is a reminder that our Heavenly Father’s love allows us to express our tears and other emotions just as freely.  Another favorite quote came from chapter 23 “That is what father’s do, Ariadne they see how far you have come and cheer you, so you will learn to go the rest of the way.  Father’s lead you so far but then you have to learn to go the rest of the way on your own.

All I can say is that if you've read Tessa's previous novels you need to pick this one up. Or if you like Biblical fiction this one is a winning. Every time I read one of Tessa's books it like a part of the story is something that I am going through at that time and it encourages me in that season as well as reminding me to pick up my Bible more.   I wasn’t a fan of Biblical fiction till I discovered Tessa’s first novel Pearl in the Sand and I was hooked Tessa’s writes Biblical fiction in a way that makes you want to pick up your Bible and dive into that as well. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher and author  through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment