Thursday, December 6, 2018

Review of Whiskey in a Teacup


Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love & Baking BiscuitsTitle:  Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing up in the South Taught me about life, love and Baking Biscuits

Author: Reese Witherspoon
 
Chapters: 17 plus epilogue

Pages: 304

Genre: Memoir

Rating: 4 stars

I'm not going to lie I picked up this book for the name alone, Whiskey in a Teacup. But I have also enjoyed quite a few of Reese Witherspoon's movies, my two favorites being Walk the Line and Sweet Home Alabama.  This book was part memoir of growing up in the south and grandma's recipe book.  I enjoyed it. To the point of I finished it in a day. I hardly ever do that with non-fiction.  
As someone who also grew up in the south I know for a fact holidays like Reese said in the book are a big deal especially to your mom and grandmother. Like Reese I grew up a tomboy but every Easter and Christmas I was in church in a new dress. 
This is a great book to read if you’re looking for something quick and slightly light hearted and with some recipes thrown in.  You won't be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment