Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Something Borrowed by Rachel Scott McDaniel, Allison Pittman and Susie Finkbeiner novella collection review

 



With this novella collection centered around a Special wedding dress Rachel Scott McDaniel has done it again. With A Heart in Disguise Clara Westlake is a seamstress in the Camouflage Corps. I thought I knew my WWI history but this is the first I had heard about the Camouflage Corps and the important job they had during WWI. That's what I love so much about Rachel's books after the Faith content and love story is that I l always something new from history.  I also loved that the dress that played a part in this story would find its way through time and to more wars for two more stories. 

 

 A Letter to Eli by Allison Pittman was set during WWII. And a possibly second chance for Betty and Eli. I did enjoy this one but it wasn't my favorite of the three. And that's on me not Allison's writing. I think I'm kind of getting burnt out on WWII romances. But if that's not the case for you then you'll also love Betty and Eli's story. 

 

And finally we have A Daffodil in the Dress by Susie Finkbeiner set during the Vietnam, this one was my favorite of the three stories in this collection. Though it's a second chance at love and not always my favorite I enjoyed it. Kate and Ike's story is just so sweet despite the tragedy of the Vietnam War. And Little Eloise is just a doll.  This story was only my second Susie Finkebeiner story but it weren't be my last. And it was also only my second Vietnam War book because there's not that much out there. Because it's one war that war and horrific and to close to recent memory.  But the author tackled that was grace. And overall I would give this collection 4.5 stars 

 

While each of these novella's are separate stories they are sewn together with a dress, faith and love.  And that makes three stories worth reading. 


 

I received a copy of this book from the author . I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment