Friday, January 13, 2017

Review of Salt to the Sea

Salt to the Sea: Title: Salt to the Sea

Author:  Ruta Sepetys

Pages: 393

Genre: Teen historical fiction

Rating: 4 stars

     Salt to the Sea is a young adult historical fiction novel set towards the end of WWII. It's also the fourth or fifth YA novel I've read set during this time period. It foucses on an event that I had never heard about before I read the book. The greatest tragedy in Martine history, even worse than the sinking of the Titanic.  I love that the book is told from the point of view of four different teens from four different countries.  With nothing in common  other than they want to get to safety away from the Russian army and possibly out of Germany as well.

     The characters each brought  something different to the story and I loved that it was told from different points of views. It's what brought the story life.  Each character's point of view allow the story to unfold in a way that wouldn't have happened if only one character had been telling the story. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment