Monday, October 1, 2018

Review of Death Over Easy


Death Over Easy (Country Store Mysteries #5)Title:  Death Over Easy

Author: Maddie Day

Series: Country store mystery book 5
 
Chapters: 49

Pages: 304

Genre: cozy mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Death Over Easy is the fifth book in the Country Store mysteries by Maddie Day, Robbie Jordan has finally gotten her bed and breakfast part of her restaurant and country store up and running. Just in time for the Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival in Beanblossom  to bring in customers. The Bluegrass Festival in this book is based on an actual festival I believe by the same name.  I actually been to it.  
Robbie has sworn off solving murders but yet another one seems to have landed in her lap, and it is sort of personal because her boyfriend Abe happens to be a suspect.   And to top it all off her father and step-mother are visiting from Italy.  Robbie is in a race to find the killer before she or someone she loves becomes the next victim. 
Like with all of the previous Country Store mysteries I enjoyed this one as well.  I love reading about the trouble that Robbie and her friends get into.  Though I believe South Lick is a fictional Southern Indiana small-town. I can picture the town and the surrounding area in my mind as I am reading.  As  I grew up just across the river  from southern Indiana in Kentucky I'm familiar with  the area.  Reading these books are like taken a mini vacation.  Death Over Easy is a quick and enjoyable cozy mystery and I would recommend it to anyone who loves cozy mysteries. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All  opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment