Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Review of October Kiss


October KissTitle:  October Kiss

Author: Kristen Ehtridge

Chapters: 10 plus epilogue

Pages: 260

Genre: Sweet Romance, Clean Romance,  Hallmark book

Rating: 4 stars

October Kiss by Kristen Ehtridge is a sweet romance sent in the month of October. With it being from Hallmark Publishing it doesn't surprise me that its so sweet and reads like a Hallmark movie, which it is. I can't wait to watch the movie.  This book reminded me of what I loved about the Hallmark movies especially the holiday ones.  If I hadn't need to get sleep for work the next day I could have finished the book in one day instead of the two it did take me.  
Poppy has problems with commitment as in she hasn't been able to commit to anything long term, that includes jobs, school or relationships.   Ryan is a businessman and a workaholic he has been since his wife's death even though he has two kids at home, Zoe and Zach. At her sister's urging Poppy becomes a temporarily nanny for Ryan's children.  She plans to only stay through Halloween neither of them plan on it being anything more.  Poppy helps to bring life back into the house as she helps the kids decorate for Halloween. 
I've always loved Hallmark movies especially the Christmas ones and now I love reading the book version of those same movies.  Though I haven't really watch any Hallmark movies in over two years.  Watching the Hallmark Christmas movies and other Holiday movies was something that my mom and I did together she loved all holidays much like Zoe and Zach's mom in this book.  Especially Halloween and Christmas and losing her two years ago I kind of let the tradition go away, but after reading this sweet story and knowing its also a movie has me wanting to try to watch Hallmark's Christmas movies this year.  The one thing I learned while reading this book is that by keeping up with Holiday traditions is a way to keep a loved ones memory alive.  I look forward to more books by this author, as well as other Hallmark Publishing books.  

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment