Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Review of Shelved Under Murder


Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2)Title:  Shelved Under Murder

Author: Victoria Gilbert

Series: Blue Rigde Library Mysteries book 2

Chapters: 28

Pages: 336

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 3 stars

Shelved under Murder is the second book in the Blue Ridge Library mysteries by Victoria Gilbert  Amy Webber has settled in as library director for the Taylorsford Virginia library for the most part.   But when a murder  investigation involves possible forged paintings  and the sheriff's deputy finds out that Amy has a degree in Art history she finds herself drug into another murder investigation as well.  And to think she just wanted to survive the yard sale fundraiser for the library.  

I enjoyed Shelved Under Murder more than I did the first book in the series.  From the second book on in cozy mysteries the story and mystery just seems to flow faster; I think that is do in part to the characters and setting being established in the first book of the series.  I enjoy reading cozy mysteries with librarians as the mystery solver. I guess it's because my day job is that of library assistant.  I loved the fall and early October setting of the book as well as the Blue Ridge Mountain setting. . And I look forward to the next book in the Blue Ridge Library mystery.   Library employees as well as fans will enjoy this cozy mystery. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All  opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment