Thursday, July 11, 2019

Review of Murder Lo Mein


Murder Lo Mein (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #3)Title:  Murder Lo Mein       

Author: Vivien Chien

Series: A Noodle Shop Mystery book 3

Chapters: 30 Plus epilogue
 
Pages: 301

Genre: Cozy Mystery     

Rating: 4 stars

Murder Lo Mein is the third book in the A Noodle Shop Mystery book series by Vivien Chien. And Lana Lee has finally accepted her role as the manager of her family’s Chinese Restaurant. She’s finally getting her feet back under her.  When the Best Noodle Contest the restaurant is involved in suddenly becomes the scene of a murder.    Even though she promised she wouldn’t get involved in any more murders she’s determined to find the murderer before the contest gets a bad name.
I’ve read culinary mysteries before, but I’ve never read one set in a Chinese Restaurant.    My two favorite characters are Lana’ dog and her grandmother.   The dog always manages to bring a smile to Lana face and adds comic relief to the series.  And I’m guessing her grandma is always yelling at her mom we as the reader just don’t know because her mom does speak English. 
This cozy mystery is perfect for culinary mystery fans who want to branch out a little bit. I am looking forward to the next book in the series. 
I also suggest reading the books in series order. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment