Monday, July 15, 2019

Romanov Review


Romanov by Nadine BrandesTitle:  Romanov

Author: Nadine Brandes

Chapters: 40

Pages: 341

Genre: Historical fantasy, retellings 

Rating: 5 Stars

 Anastasia the animated musical was one of my favorite movies as a child. I loved that movie and image my surprise and shock   in world history class in middle school when I learned the truth. 

So when I saw that Nadine Brandes who wrote Fawkes a retelling about the gunpowder plot I knew that I had to pick this one up.  And I am glad that I did because I loved this one.  

Nadine stays true to the true story of the Romanov's up to a key point and then adds her own twist to the story.  Giving a new life and story to Anastasia who goes by Nastya in this version.  Faith and the love of family plays a huge part in this book and that what I loved. 

Just like with Fawkes Nadine weaves a bit of fantasy into your historical fiction to make it different than any retelling of the Anastasia you've read before.    

I can't wait to see what Nadine comes up with next.  I would recommend this book to anyone who loved the Anastasia musical. As well as those that loved Nadine's previous books. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment