Friday, September 13, 2019

Review of Murder in the Reading Room


Murder in the Reading Room by Ellery Adams | GoodreadsTitle:  Murder in the Reading Room 

Author:  Ellery Adams 

Series: Book Retreat Mysteries book 5 

Chapters: 17 plus epilogue 

Pages: 320

Genre: cozy mystery 

Rating: 4 stars 


Murder in the Reading Room is the fifth book in the Book Retreat Mysteries series by Ellery Adams.  In this one Jane finds herself traveling to North Carolina and the Biltmore Estate in order to find her missing boyfriend. However, doing so will not only put Jane in danger but her sons and the library in danger as well.  Because the man who captured her boyfriend knows about the library and wants something from it.  Out of all of the books in this series so far this one was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed this one a great deal. Jane is a character that is easy to relate too.  Her boys are typical boys always trying to get into misfits.  With the fins there is more than meets the eye, and that's the way it’s supposed to be. 

With Murder in the Reading Room I did not see any of the twist that happened coming and I loved that.  I don't really enjoy mysteries in which I can easily figure out the twist.  And even though I didn't like this one as much I did love ending, an ending that lets you know there's another book coming in the series.   I do recommend reading this series in order, to me they can't be read as standalone books you end up missing information that you get in a previous book or you end spoiling yourself about something that happened in a previous book.  Perfect for fans of cozy mysteries. 
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment