Monday, September 2, 2019

Review of What the Wind Knows


What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon | GoodreadsTitle:  What the Wind Knows

Author:  Amy Harmon

Pages: 411

Genre: Time Travel, historical fiction

Rating: 4 stars

I'm  not going to lie I picked up What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon after I learned it was a time travel novel set in Ireland. That takes place in both the modern day and during the times of the troubles in Ireland the late 1910s and 1920s. I picked it up because I was going through Outlander withdraw from the  TV show and had finish the finished the 5th book and wasn't ready to start  the sixth book because let's face it those are massive. 

So picked up this one, it was a little show to get into at first  but once Anne makes it to Ireland the book picks up quickly. I found myself staying up late one night to finish it which made me a zombie at work the next day but it was totally worth it.  I am finding more and more that  I like time travel novels almost as much as I like strict historical fiction. 

Anne was an easy character to like and relate too. She was dealing with the recent loss of her grandfather and that is a loss that I still feel on a daily bases though mine has been gone three years now. 

I haven't read much fiction about Ireland and the troubles  the time following the Easter rising when Ireland rebels against England before and makes me wonder if there is more fiction out there sent during this time. I know that living in the United States we didn't study this in school. 

I look forward to  discovering what else this author has written and reading that.  Keep in mind that this is a  main stream book so while it's relatively clean there is some language and  few not so clean scenes.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard really GOOD things about Amy's books. Hoping someday to pick one up by her. :)

    ReplyDelete