Monday, September 16, 2019

Trouble on the Books Review


Trouble on the Books (Castle Bookshop Mystery #1) by Essie Lang | GoodreadsTitle:  Trouble on the Books 

Author: Essie Lang 

Series: Castle Bookshop mystery book 1

Chapters: 38

Pages: 336

Genre: Cozy mystery 

Rating: 4 stars 

In Trouble on the Books Shelby Cox returns to her hometown to run her aunt’s bookstore while her aunt's recovering, she didn't expect to find herself partial owner.  She'll the second location in the local tourist attraction a castle that may or may not have ties to prohibition.  A Volunteer is found murdered and the local police don't want to look farther than the castle caretaker. Shelby is convinced he innocent and wants to prove it. Along the way she butts heads with Coast Guard Investigative Services CGIS special Agent Zach Griffin.  
I enjoyed everything about this book.  Shelby while a bookworm was also tough and determined.   Her aunt was feisty and sassy the way all aunts in a cozy mystery should be, and I loved Zach.  Unlike the local law enforcement who wanted to wrap the case up quickly he wanted to investigate and actually find the real killer.  I've read many a cozy mystery with many different types but I don't think I've read a CGSI before this one so that was a different experience, but I loved it. I think it seems from the fact I love all three series in the NCIS world.   I'm looking forward to the next book in the series as well as any other books of the author. 
This book is great for readers of cozies and mystery readers a like. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment