Monday, October 19, 2020

Ever Faithful

Title:  Ever Faithful

 Author:  Karen Barnett

 Ch: 37 Plus Epilogue

 Pg:  352

 Series: Vintage National Park Series

 Genre:  Christian Historical Fiction, Christian Historical Romance

 Rating: 5 stars

 Publisher:  WaterBrook

 

Ever Faithful The third book on the Vintage National Park series by Karen Barnett and my favorite of the series. It’s also the only one in the series set during the Great Depression. Set at Yellowstone National Park in the 30s with the new Civilian Conservation Corps. Nate Webber is a Brooklyn “kid” who finds himself in Yellowstone as part of the CCC. Elise Brookes is a rangers daughter who wants to be a teacher.

These two come for different worlds but somehow that’s what makes them work. While another suitor for Elsies hand tries to make plans for them both Nate doesn’t want to come between Elise and her dreams. He wants her to have a future because he doesn’t feel like he has one.

This book was proof that you can’t choose a book by its cover nor a person on how three look on the outside or where they are from.

I think that why this was my favorite was because it included the CCC which was what my great grandpa was a part of the 30s and like Nate he was the old man of the group as he was on the older side. But the program allowed him to get an education including learning to read. So even though he wasn’t from Brooklyn Nates story was similar to his. I went back and forth with reading and listening to the audio for this one because I loved hearing abated Brooklyn accent.

I didn’t want this series to end but I did enjoy this one. As I wait for Karen’s next book I’m going to get caught up on her back list.

I think readers who enjoy historical fiction and nature and the outdoors will love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment