Monday, September 5, 2022

Love & Other Great Expectations by Becky Dean review

Title:  Love & Other Great Expectations 

Author:  Becky Dean

Ch: 30

Pg:  371

Genre:  YA Contemporary Rom Comish

Rating: 4.5 stars

Publisher: Delacorte Press

 

I'm not going to lie I picked this one up for the cover and title. I didn't bother to read the blurb.  But it was the first line "Dreams are like knees-- you don't realize how fragile they are until something rips them to shreds."  that had me hooked. I had to keep reading I had to know what happened. Because like Britt I also played soccer and it was a knee injury that sidelined me. And just like Britt I had to rethink my whole future and career choices. But my knee injury wouldn't keep me from college I had no desire to play college soccer no my knee injury and the diagnosis it led to me having to give up my dream of joining the Marines.  So even though I'm not the typical audience for YA Britt was an easy character to relate.  I enjoyed reading her adventures through the United Kingdom and through classic works of literature. With British Luke along for the ride.  

This one lean more on the side of YA Contemporary more so than a YA Rom Com though it does have its rom com moments.  This was a great debut from Becky Dean, and I can't wait to see what else she writes

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment