Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Julia Monroe Begins Again by Rebekah Millet review


Title: Julia Monroe Begins again

Author: Rebekah Millet

 Ch: 40 plus epilogue

Pg: 376

Series: Beignets for one book 1

Genre: Christian Contemporary romance

 Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Bethany House

 

Julia Monroe begins again is the debut novel by Rebekah Millet. It’s a second chance romance and those tend to not be a favorite of mine. But I did enjoy this one. It just took a bit for me to warm up to it. As it took me a bit to warm up to Samuel Reed. Normally I love military and veteran heroes, but like Julia Monroe, it took me a bit to forgive him for things he had done in the past.  I'm not going to give away what he did but for me it’s definitely something while I would forgive in real life it wouldn’t lead to a second chance in real life and it's something I judge on a case-by-case bases with characters I read. 

 While the romance didn't really keep me turning the pages it was the secondary characters and sense of community that kept me turning the pages. Not to mention I'm a sucker for a good Louisiana setting. And I loved the pop culture references that were sprinkled throughout the book.  And parts of Julia's mom reminded me so much of my own mom. The faith content in this one was chef's kiss. And even I'm not Julia's age I'm closer to her age than the 20s something heroine's we normally get in contemporary romance so I'm glad to see an older heroine. 

 

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment