Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Better Late than Never by Jess Mastorakos review


 Title: Better late than never

Author: Jess Mastorakos

Ch: 22 plus epilogue

Pg: 302

Series: Love in Charlotte Oaks books 5

Genre: Rom com

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher: indie

Just when I think I know which hero from Love In Charlotte Oaks is my favorite, I get thrown a curve ball. First it was Riley and then we got broody Travis. But now we have loyal sometimes to a fault and slightly grumpy Adam Wilson. The Oldest Wilson brother former Marine and town cop. I’m pretty sure him and Travis are tied for favorite with Riley being a close second.

Then we have Paisley Stevens, former music manager turned Charlotte Oaks 911 dispatcher. We first met Paisley in No Place Like Home, the first one in the series. Yes, the books, even though each is a standalone, need to be read in order. I admit I didn’t like Paisley at first but in this one I loved her. And as a fellow big sister she’s easy to relate to.

Paisley and Adam’s relationship may be my favorite of the series. I love their banter. Their banter throughout the series as the one couple we’ve seen grow and change throughout the whole series. Another reason to read in order. So, you don’t miss anything. So needless to say, I loved these two older siblings butting heads and get more of their back stories of why they are the way they are. Yes, this one has flashback chapters. And of course, this one also features everyone’s favorite matchmaker goat Gertie. And I also enjoyed seeing a character with my name even she was only a secondary character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment