Wednesday, May 29, 2024

A Run at Love by Toni Shiloh review


Title: A Run at Love


Author: Toni Shiloh


Ch: 43 plus prologue and epilogue


Pg: 352


Series: Love in the Spotlight book 2


Genre: Christian romance rom com


Rating: 5 stars


Publisher: Bethany House

I never thought that anyone could write a Christian romance or rom com set around horse racing and the Kentucky Derby due to its nature. But Toni Shiloh did,and she was great at writing a story set around the culture with a Christian theme.

Piper McKinney and Tucker Hale are best friends who both grew up around horses and horse racing Piper’s a Black Woman and the transracial adopted daughter I say this because it’s important to Piper’s character and how her story plays out, of the McKinneys and the owners of the thoroughbred farm while Tucker is the son of one of the trainers.

Toni handles the storyline of transracial adoption and Piper being the only Black person in her small town as only she can with grace and truth.

As not only a Kentuckian but a  Louisvillian I’m wary of authors not from here setting their books here, but with Toni I didn’t have to worry she did her research. Even including how to say my city in the books. I also loved that she created a fictional town in a very real county as horse country is well known. But the fictional town feels like it fits. And I love that she included Kentucky’s soft drink.

In the two books I’ve read by Toni I’ve discovered that faith is a huge part of her books. Especially in the character’s life and that of the story. I know want to read the first book in the series and now can’t wait for the third book to release.  

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment