Monday, August 13, 2012

Review of Skip Rock Shallows


Title: Skip Rock Shallows

Author: Jan Watson

Series: Copper Brown series which is a c Continuation of the Troublesome Creek series

Chapters: 33 plus epilogue

Pages: 375

Genre: Christian Historical fiction

Rating: 5 stars

     Lilly Gray Corbett is serving as a doctor in a coal mine camp in the hills of Eastern Kentucky. Even though she grew up in the same hills the people of the mining town still see her as an outsider. She wants to help the people of the hills. She wants to give back, however her fiancé Paul doesn’t want her stay in what he calls a backwater town.  While in Skip Rock a love from Lily’s from past comes back into her life. Lilly is the doctor of Copper Brown a midwife in their Eastern Kentucky home but Lilly chooses to follow in her late father’s footsteps to become a doctor. Lilly has choices that she needs to make will she make the right ones? Will she trust God’s will for her life? 
     I enjoyed Skip Rock Shallows. I loved that it was set in my home state. In many ways it reminded me of Christy, but at the same time it was completely different as well. I’ve always wanted to read more about Lilly after reading Still House Pond. To me Skip Rock Shallows was a good close to Lilly’s story but I wouldn’t say no to more books in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment