Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review of Love's Reckoning


Title: Love’s Reckoning

Author: Laura Frantz

Series: The Ballantyne Legacy  


Chapters: 44 plus epilogue

Pages: 424

Genre: Christian Historical fiction, Christian Historical Romance

Rating: 5 stars

     What can I say to do Love’s Reckoning justice? Laura has done it again; she has hit another home run. It took me a while to read Love’s Reckoning for many different reasons; I didn’t want to book to end, also the book brought out all kinds of different emotions in me.
    
     I feel in love with many of the characters as soon as I met them especially Eden and Silas. I laughed with Eden, I cried with Eden, and I hurt when Eden hurt. I loved Eden’s quiet and gentle spirit, and Silas has been come one of my all time favorite literary heroes. To me Silas is the perfect hero He has everything that I love in a hero, hard working, loyal, honest, caring, loves unconditionally, a godly man, and as a extra treat he is Scottish.  My favorite quotes from the book is where Silas basically says that nothing another character can do or say will keep him from loving them.
    
     I love how Silas kept the promise he made in chapter 36. Making him a man of his word, who always keeps his promises to the ones he loves.

     Love’s Reckoning is different from Laura’s first three novels but in a good way. Though I was sad to see my beloved Kentucky go, I love Pennsylvania. This novel has shown how Laura has grown as a writer. For a while I didn't feel like the book was going to end happy, because of all the twist and turns Laura had the characters going on. However all those twists and turns kept this reader guessing, but it was a good thing.

     Love’s Reckoning was different that Laura’s first three novels, because of the twist and turns, but I also loved how it was different from most love stories. In her first three novels I was able to figure out quite quickly who the bad guys or the villains are, but not in Love’s Reckoning. The first two villains so to speak are easy to figure out, but the third one wasn’t. The third villain was not someone you'd would  think was a villain which made it all the more interesting.

     Love’s Reckoning was an awesome read a great start to a new series, which I can’t wait to read the next book in the series. The only con is that we have to wait till next year for the next book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment